Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mobile HTML5 Speed Reading Again

 Today I've upgrade my iPad 2 to iOS beta 7 and I was thinking that a more "realistic" comparison for the HTML5 Mobile Speed reading would with the new iPhone compared to a new Windows Phone Mango device (new year new hardware). On my Omnia 7 with 7712 build and video drivers not optimized for Mango I get around 30fps, the same that I was getting on my iPhone 4 with iOs5 beta. I remember that on a tweet I read that, on some devices, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango was doing 60 fps. On the other hand the new iPhone will probable have the A5 processor just like the iPad2 so I've run the same test on my device and the results are not bad at all. The iPad2 with iOs5 beta 7 is doing a stable 60fps. This is the frame rate we can expect from the new iPhone.So Apple and Microsoft are, for now, at the same level and let's hope that the OEM's will optimize their video drivers for Mango in order to get 60 fps, if not it could be a boomerang for Microsoft (the new iPhone, doing 60fps, would smash WP7 Mango that is doing 30-40fps). Hope it won't happen.

Here is the test on the iPad2

NAMASTE

4 comments:

  1. this is amazing, i never know this new application. Is there any video tutorial for this new application?Website Optimisation Companies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotel Refurbishment did you successfully done it. Would you mind to share how did you do it? Your blog is very informative, about new OS for iphone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the discuss was informative yet very complex to understand, because this is new info about HTML5. i wish the author discuss more about the infor and how to done it well probably through video. Visual is easy to absorb than texting.
    Solar Panel Companies

    ReplyDelete